Social media guru Chris Brogan writes about how to Take a Twitter Audit to gauge how effective your microblogging efforts are for marketing. If you’re using Twitter to build community and engage an audience, you’ll want to check out these helpful tips. Here are the first five:
- Look at your last 20 tweets. How many were @ replies? How many were retweets of other people’s work?
- In your last 20 tweets, how many promote your own work versus pointing towards others’ ideas?
- Do you have at least one ongoing Twitter search going? (use http://search.twitter.com to set one up.
- Are the tweets you hope will be retweeted under 120 characters so people can retweet them?
- Of the people you follow, how many are “influential” in some way, how many are potentially good for referrals, how many are just celebrities?