Thursday, June 23, 2011

LOUIS Membership Fees FY2011-2012


Group,

As you may know, LOUIS has a commitment of $500,000 from the Regents and another $500,000 in HB1 as a line item. I’m told the Gov will probably NOT veto the line item but until he signs HB1 we are still vulnerable. In November, I shared with you what your fees would be if the consortium did not have any funding sources. So, now I have 3 scenarios.
1.       No funding sources, Members pay entire amount
2.       $500,000 from Regents which reduced member payments by that amount
3.       $1,000,000 from Regents (HB1) which reduces member payments by that amount

Since there are so many scenarios, some may have a need to receive their Membership Fee invoice early. I just want to let you know that this is possible. If what you pay now were to change, based on these 2 extra sources, I can certainly credit your account for the difference.

The reason LOUIS can now offer this is because our account has been restructured to a “restricted account” and that allows me to carry money forward from FY to FY.

If you would like to take advantage of the opportunity to pay a bit early, just let me know.

Sara  Zimmerman, MLIS
Executive Director
LOUIS: The Louisiana Library Network
Frey Computing Services, LSU
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
225.578.3705

No comments:

Post a Comment