Saturday, April 16, 2011

LOUIS: Database Intercept Page


From: LALDF-L - Louisiana Academic Library Directors Forum [mailto:LALDF-L@LISTSERV.LSU.EDU] On Behalf Of Sara G Zimmerman
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:07 PM
To: LALDF-L@LISTSERV.LSU.EDU
Subject: Database Intercept Page

Dean/Directors,

I’ve been asked by the PR Task Force to run this option by you. I believe you have heard me mention this option before. Are you willing/interested in driving home the point that resources are in jeopardy but installing a intercept page when the student accesses a database? The intercept page could look like this:

1. http://www.ulm.edu/~niemla/louis-intercept/test5.html

It would come up after the search but only for a few seconds then the student would continue on with the search. It can be in front of EZProxy or right off your webpage.

An option in place now, and only on the LOUIS EZProxy page, looks like this:

2. https://ezpauth.louislibraries.org/authen/ezproxylogin_louis.x?url=http://proquest.umi.com/login

We can share that code with you if you have your own installation of EZProxy.

The intercept page would be in place of #2.

Note: I am only talking about the LOUIS EZProxy. If you have your own you would have to install this.


Please let me know your preference:
1. I am in favor of the Intercept page.
2. I am not in favor of the intercept page.
3. I’ll add the Intercept page or the LOUIS version on my own webpage/ezproxy page.


Thanks.

Sara Zimmerman, MLIS

Executive Director

LOUIS: The Louisiana Library Network

Frey Computing Services, LSU

Baton Rouge, LA 70810

225.578.3705

Sara@lsu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment