Waiver and Stipend Information for ³The Future of the Liberal Arts College Library² Symposium
October 10-12, 2011 - Milwaukee
· Conference and hotel registration will open on July 13, 2011.Visit http://www.clir.org/activities/leadershipCLIRCIC/symposium.html starting on July 13 to be redirected to the registration sites.
· The regular registration fee is $240.
· Attendees employed at one of CLIR¹s sponsoring institutions will receive a 10% discount on the regular registration fee.
· Attendees who register by 5 PM, August 13, will receive a 10%discount on the regular registration fee.
· The CLIR sponsor discount and the early registration discount can be combined for eligible attendees.
IMLS-funded registration waivers and participant stipends
Through generous funding provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), CLIR and CIC are able to offer financial support to selected participants.
Support for library staff from eligible CIC member institutions
CLIR and CIC will waive the registration fee for a limited number of library staff from CIC member institutions. These waivers will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 50 participants nominated by CIC library directors. One waiver per institution. Requests for registration waivers will be accepted starting at 8:00 AM Eastern time on July 13.
To request a waiver, library directors should send the following information to email@example.com: CIC institution name, name of nominated library staff member attending the symposium, nominee¹s job title, e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address.
Support for symposium moderators and note-takers
Additional support will be available to participants willing to:
· moderate at least one discussion session, or
· to record and compile notes for possible publication or dissemination for at least one session.
Participants selected as moderators or recorders will be provided with up to three nights¹ lodging at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center for the duration of the symposium. They will also receive a $150 stipend for each session they moderate or record, up to a limit of three stipends per participant.
Applicants for stipends should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate their interest in moderating or note-taking at the symposium, identifying their preferred role(s) and session(s), including up to three session titles from the preliminary symposium agenda [PDF]. Applicants should include a brief (2-3 sentence) justification for their preferences. Slots are limited and subject to availability; CLIR reserves the right to assign participants to sessions asneed dictates. For some sessions, moderators and/or note-takers will select and assign readings for session participants. Potential moderators and recorders must apply by August 13, 2011 and have a confirmed conference registration in order to be considered for these roles.
Questions about ³The Future of the Liberal Arts College Library² symposium may be directed to CLIR Program Associate Lori Miller at email@example.com.