October 11, 2011 :: 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. EDT
Boost your library fundraising with senior and reunion class campaigns featuring targeted projects.
Join us online to consider a fresh approach to fundraising for your library. You will be introduced to McMaster University's unique model that raised over a quarter-million dollars by involving senior and reunion classes and learn how you can apply this strategy to your institution.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Advancement managers and library leaders will be better able to increase their library fundraising dollars by more effectively approaching senior and reunion classes with well-defined projects. Please note that this event will not cover fundraising for comprehensive or whole-library capital renovation efforts.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Highlighting the program at their own institution, McMaster University, Karen McQuigge, Director of Alumni Advancement, and Jeffrey Trzeciak, University Librarian, will share information and advice on the following:
- Making the case for using senior gifts to fund library projects
- Sample solicitation materials aimed at senior gifts
- Making the case for using reunion gifts to fund library projects
- Sample solicitation materials aimed at reunion gifts
- Addressing coding and renewals
- Selecting and executing library projects that will resonate with these audiences
- Implementing this kind of program at your institution, gaining buy-in
- Translating this approach to a smaller setting